At the beginning of summer, when the Sun’s power is at its strongest, we gather to celebrate Jurina’tore – the Great Hunt; a kaldorei celebration in honour of Malorne and the balance between predator and prey.
The beginning of summer heralds the season of bounty and we celebrate this by joining together in the hunt for the White Stag. This year’s hunt will take place around Teldrassil and we gather at dusk at the feast area near the training grounds in Darnassus.
Divided up into teams we will embark on a merry hunt for the White Stag throughout Teldrassil. The first team to answer to the stag’s riddles, and find him in his last hiding spot, wins. Magic of ANY kind is prohibited during the race, and any displays of such will result in immediate disqualification.
The winners will be crowned with Wreaths of Summer and will also be given a modest prize to share.
For the hunt, and the following feast, attendees are encouraged to don yellow or gold clothing to honour the season of summer, as well as masks symbolizing predatory animals to honour the balance between predator and prey.
After the hunt Mythundis Clawheart will host an offering ritual to honour Malorne and ask for his blessing. Attendees are encouraged to bring offerings to present during this ritual.
Once the ritual is finished a grand feast will be served and, if time allows, there will be an organized dance in honour of the White Stag.
As this is a celebration of Life, we kindly ask that corruptive and destructive magics, such as void and fel, NOT be wielded at any time during the event.
19:30 Time to gather and mingle
19:45 Welcoming speech by the hosting Priestess
20:00 The Great Hunt
21:30 Offering Ceremony hosted by Mythundis Clawheart
22:00 Feasting and possibly dancing
If you have any questions in regards to the event, please do not hesitate to get in touch with Tínwëtar.
- Jurina’tore is a kaldorei themed celebration of summer. The hunt itself will take the form of a riddle race. The attendees will divide themselves into teams and be given the first riddle. The answer to the riddle will lead them to the next checkpoint, and so on and so forth. The first team to find all the checkpoints and return in time, will be the winners.
- If the teams have not found all the checkpoints by the end of the allotted time, the team with the most checkpoints collected wins.
- Flying mounts will be BANNED from the race. Anyone spotted using a flying mount will be disqualified, and their team along with them.
- This event is supposed to be a friendly and fun competition and celebration, please do not ruin it for others by going against the rules of the event.
- We also ask you to, please, keep in mind that this is supposed to be a festive occasion and refrain from disrupting it with attempted robberies, summoning of demons, invasions of orcs or similar things. Such things have their time and place, and can be great fun, but we feel that they do not belong during this joyous celebration of life.